Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bill Barnhill <gw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/24 18:13:37 UTC

HELP?: Trying to integrate portal-fw sample into webapp build product

I also was able to build out of the box.
I want to say wow, I don't know how you got it to this
point so quickly.

I do have one problem though. I am currently working
on setting up a web application based on the Cocoon
portal-fw sample app and haven't been able to have
that sample integrated with webapp build product as
part of the build process.

I can get the app to work by manually copying the
samples files from within the portal-fw dir to the
installed cocoon webapp, but it's auto mounted not
integrated in with the main site map. This might not
make a difference, I don't know enough about Cocoon
yet to know the full implications.

I could get it integrated myself by modifying the
build file, sut it seems like there's probably a way
to do it without customizing the build further. I
tried setting exclude samples to false, but that
didn't seem to have any effect.

I will continue doing it manually(or with my own ant
file) unless someone can tell me the proper settings
for local.build.properties, or local.block.properties.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Barnhill

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: HELP?: Trying to integrate portal-fw sample into webapp build product

Posted by Bill Barnhill <gw...@yahoo.com>.

> I'll see what I can do in the next few days.
>
> --
> Stefano Mazzocchi
> <st...@apache.org>

No rush, I've got it working by integrating parts
manually after build right now and can switch to an
integrated build whenever you're ready.

Thanks,
Bill

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Bill Barnhill wrote:

> I do have one problem though. I am currently working
> on setting up a web application based on the Cocoon
> portal-fw sample app and haven't been able to have
> that sample integrated with webapp build product as
> part of the build process.

the samples and the block samples are not yet included in the build
because I want to figure out a clean way of doing it.

the problem is that samples are not block-oriented, but
'impression-oriented', so they include features from all blocks and
refactoring them is a real PITA!!!