Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/08/20 00:46:03 UTC

Patched StreamGenerator

Don't we need the patched StreamGenerator anymore?

Concerning the mime-type:

contentType.startsWith("application/xhtml+xml")

I don't think that this mime-type is covered within Cocoon-2.1.5.1

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Patched StreamGenerator

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 13:51, Dale Christ wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:15:47 +0200, Michael Wechner
> <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
> >

> > AFAIK "application/xhtml+xml" is part of the recommendation and Atom/Echo
> > makes use of it.
> >

> The blog does indeed use that (the those of you who who don't know)...

Yes, but maybe the blog pub does not use the StreamGenerator, does it?

However, the stream generator should at least accept xhtml+xml. I will
commit a patch to cocoon at the weekend even if we do not use it atm.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Patched StreamGenerator

Posted by Dale Christ <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Don't we need the patched StreamGenerator anymore?
>>
>> Concerning the mime-type:
>>
>> contentType.startsWith("application/xhtml+xml")
>>
>> I don't think that this mime-type is covered within Cocoon-2.1.5.1
>

> maybe cocoon patches are in order. if in understand correctly, cocoon
> defaults to text/xml for the xml serializer which is a big no-no. it
> should always be application/xml

AFAIK "application/xhtml+xml" is part of the recommendation and Atom/Echo
makes use of it.

But yes, we should try to enhance the StreamGenerator of Cocoon.

Michi

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Patched StreamGenerator

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 00:46, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Don't we need the patched StreamGenerator anymore?

AFAICS no. I added it when I did the first epoz integration.
If it makes trouble re-add it or merge the changes to cocoon.

I think extending the StreamGenerator for xhtml+xml would be ok for
them. I have not done it, because I did not find any places where it is
used. Maybe I missed the one or the other.

--
Rolf Kulemann