Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kommu, Vinodh K." <vk...@dtcc.com> on 2020/02/26 11:11:58 UTC

Solr 6.3 with Open JDK

Hi Team,

Anyone using Solr 6.3 version with Open JDK? If so, what version of open JDK you are using? And can we use open JDK 1.8.0_242 or later version with Solr 6.3 version?

Regards,
Vinodh

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

RE: Solr 6.3 with Open JDK

Posted by "Kommu, Vinodh K." <vk...@dtcc.com>.
Hi Lehana,

Thanks for your quick response. We are having vulnerability issue with JDK 1.8.0_60 so planning to stay with Java 8 but wanted to update to Open JDK 1.8.0_242 or higher version within JDK 1.8

Regards,
Vinodh

ATTENTION! This email originated outside of DTCC; exercise caution.

Hi Vinodh,

You can safely use OpenJDK 1.8. Although, we have upgraded to Solr 8.4 and Java 11 now, we were using Solr 6.5 and OpenJDK 1.8 for a long time.

Someone on the forums wrote that System Requirements page for Solr mentions that 'You should avoid Java 9 or later for Lucene/Solr 6.x or earlier'.

I also don't recommend Java 9 or 10 as they don't have LTS support. Stay with OpenJDK 1.8 or upgrade Solr.

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 16:42, Kommu, Vinodh K. <vk...@dtcc.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Anyone using Solr 6.3 version with Open JDK? If so, what version of
> open JDK you are using? And can we use open JDK 1.8.0_242 or later
> version with Solr 6.3 version?
>

> Regards,
> Vinodh
>
> DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
> confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
> error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
> attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
> and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
> no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, *Auto-Suggest*,
IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd,

11th Floor, Tower 2, Assotech Business Cresterra, Plot No. 22, Sector 135, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India 201305

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 0120-4056700 | Extn:
*1196*

--
*
*

 <https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FIndiaMART%2Fvideos%2F578196442936091%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cvkommu%40dtcc.com%7C53ea30e36ec54c7e226408d7bab9a32a%7C0465519d7f554d47998b55e2a86f04a8%7C0%7C0%7C637183178780715920&amp;sdata=ANJFhh5rsMY5NRR7IKPR2WBx0VzIOH4zSjT5YOopZa4%3D&amp;reserved=0>

Re: Solr 6.3 with Open JDK

Posted by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com>.
Hi Vinodh,

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>