Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/09/19 12:41:58 UTC

Re: Geronimo site POC using Confluence & Autoexport

Did http://people.apache.org/~jefft/confluence/ get moved somewhere
else?

--jason

On Aug 25, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:25:25AM -0700, Jason Dillon wrote:
>> Okay, I think that the sync that Jeff has setup will allow me to move
>> further on setting up the proof of concept, taking GMOxSITE and
>> GMOxKB and making them into something suitable to be used for http://
>> geronimo.apache.org
>
> FWIW, http://cwiki.apache.org/ is now being mirrored to
> http://people.apache.org/~jefft/confluence/ on every autoexport.
> There's
> a 'lastupdated' file that can be polled to check for updates.
>
> I installed the Composition plugin. See test at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/test/Index.
> Unfortunately tabs
> ('cards') don't work on the autoexported HTML at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/test/. The CSS and JS URLs are correct so
> I'm not
> sure why - needs some investigation.
>
> Discussions are proceeding on infrastructure@ as to how to get
> generated
> HTML into SVN and thus to the live site. It's painful doing
> trailblazing
> but the end goal seems worthwhile. I imagine many other projects
> will be
> interested in this kind of system.
>

> --Jeff
>
>> --jason

>>> Thanks Jeff and Jason!  Hey you guys let me know if I can help.  I
>>> open sources a stream editing library with the intention of
>>> confluence munging, just Peir beat me to it :)  But doing things
>>> like "munging" urls is a piece of cake:
>>>
>>> http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/swizzle/trunk/swizzle-stream/src/
>>> test/java/org/codehaus/swizzle/stream/

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:30:01AM -0400, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> At this point I am kinda confused, so forgive me if we discussed this
> already.
> Did we ever discussed in getting the autoexported spaces into a local SVN
> repo on brutus so we then could do an svn up from minotaur (as we do today)?

I don't recall anyone suggesting a SVN repository on brutus be set up.
As I understand it, the plan is to eventually commit generated HTML to
the main Subversion repository. Committing anything to this repo
requires some traceability, hence the talk about CLA groups on
infrastructure@.

I set up the mirror of autoexported HTML at the URL below simply so that
people without brutus access can get involved in setting up the last
"commit to svn" step. It seems Ted (Cc'ed) is most up to date on that
process.

--Jeff

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:30:01AM -0400, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> At this point I am kinda confused, so forgive me if we discussed this
> already.
> Did we ever discussed in getting the autoexported spaces into a local SVN
> repo on brutus so we then could do an svn up from minotaur (as we do today)?

I don't recall it being discussed. I've just raised it on
infrastructure@.

--Jeff

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I was going to, but then I got distracted by other things... and
still unsure I like to hr+ lag that it will take to update a site...
but I will get over that.

--jason

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.