Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christoph Hermann <ch...@guschtel.de> on 2005/11/09 11:26:17 UTC

Re: Setting path for cookies in Tomcat / Cocoon

Yves Vindevogel schrieb:

Hello,

>> Searching a bit more it looks like Tomcat as of 5.5.4 has the ability
>> to set the path:
>>    "Add the ability to force session cookies to be set to the root path
>
> Yes, indeed.  Is a bugfix in 5.5.  But I'm running 5.0.  If I need to
> upgrade to get it working no problem, but I would first like to try
> with my current setup.
>
>>    '/'. This should not be used on large servers, otherwise tons of
>>    cookies may be sent. (remm)"
>> (from http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html)
>> ...but I didn't find how exactly to invoke that feature.
>>
> No, indeed, that is were the statement ended.  If somebody is running
> 5.5, he/she might run a search in the config files on the word proxy
> and find something.
> Could somebody post the tag then ?

I found it (asked in freenode irc/#tomcat) ;-)
*hooray*

=> emptySessionPath

I do it this way (Apache+mod_jk + some mod_rewrite rules (this is why i
need it) + Tomcat):

<Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
emptySessionPath="true" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

Hope this helps some people :-)
Christoph

Re: Setting path for cookies in Tomcat / Cocoon

Posted by Christoph Hermann <ch...@guschtel.de>.

Hello,

See http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html
"Add the ability to force session cookies to be set to the root path
"/". This should not be used on large servers, otherwise tons of cookies
may be sent. (remm)"
(would have been easy to look for this by yourself...)

Christoph

Re: Setting path for cookies in Tomcat / Cocoon

Posted by Gerritjan Koekkoek <ge...@mac.com>.
Question:
Does this work in Tomcat 5.0 ? (the XML attribute "emptySessionPath"
in server.xml of Tomcat 5.0 is not recognized from the dtd)
Yves, did you upgrade to >5.5 ?
Gerritjan

Op 10-nov-2005, om 11:49 heeft Yves Vindevogel het volgende geschreven:

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.
GREAT !!

Thanks a lot for posting.

On 09 Nov 2005, at 11:26, Christoph Hermann wrote:

> Yves Vindevogel schrieb:
>
> Hello,
>
>>> Searching a bit more it looks like Tomcat as of 5.5.4 has the ability
>>> to set the path:
>>>    "Add the ability to force session cookies to be set to the root
>>> path
>>
>> Yes, indeed.  Is a bugfix in 5.5.  But I'm running 5.0.  If I need to
>> upgrade to get it working no problem, but I would first like to try
>> with my current setup.
>>
>>>    '/'. This should not be used on large servers, otherwise tons of
>>>    cookies may be sent. (remm)"
>>> (from http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html)
>>> ...but I didn't find how exactly to invoke that feature.
>>>
>> No, indeed, that is were the statement ended.  If somebody is running
>> 5.5, he/she might run a search in the config files on the word proxy
>> and find something.
>> Could somebody post the tag then ?
>
> I found it (asked in freenode irc/#tomcat) ;-)
> *hooray*
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html
> => emptySessionPath
>
> I do it this way (Apache+mod_jk + some mod_rewrite rules (this is why i
> need it) + Tomcat):
>
> <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
> emptySessionPath="true" protocol="AJP/1.3" />
>
> Hope this helps some people :-)
> Christoph

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,