Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark Shuttleworth <ma...@thawte.com> on 1996/07/19 19:17:07 UTC

Apache-based web config manager

Hi all

As part of the development for Sioux 1.1 we're creating a dynamic
web-based configuration manager. Since Sioux inherits all of Apache
1.1.x's functionality, it should be relatively easy for us to package
this up as a separate product.

You can view an oldish version of what we have at:

  https://www.thawte.com/SiouxCGI/sioux-conf-manager/config.sioux

The one you'll find there has had all the security stripped out so
everyone can play with it. Bear in mind that everyone who accesses it will
see the configuration changes made by everyone else - the system supports
multiple concurrent accesses.

Comments directly to me, please.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mark Shuttleworth
Thawte Consulting

Re: Apache-based web config manager

Posted by Tom Tromey <tr...@creche.cygnus.com>.
Mark> As part of the development for Sioux 1.1 we're creating a
Mark> dynamic web-based configuration manager. Since Sioux inherits
Mark> all of Apache 1.1.x's functionality, it should be relatively
Mark> easy for us to package this up as a separate product.

What are the terms?  Will it be free?

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom