Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Luiz Fernando Teston <fe...@caravelatech.com> on 2010/02/17 02:05:02 UTC

correct way to shutdown the repository to stop rebuilding indexes every startup

Folks,

I worked a long time on a development environment using only in memory data,
so at this time I didn't take care of anything related to the lifecycle. In
a few weeks my project started to do lots of stress tests using the Postgres
bundle as a persistence manager and the file system as a fsManager. So, I
see that every restart my jackrabbit configuration starts to rebuild the
indexes. And in some cases it takes a really long time. I just forgot to
shutdown the repository. So, I started to do this shutdown using the
shutdown method on repository by casting it as a RepositoryImpl . The
shutdown method are been called, but the indexes are still been rebuilt.
So two questions here:
- Is this the correct way to shutdown a jackrabbit repository on a
production environment?
- Did I forgot something else? Maybe I configure this behavior by mistake?

Thanks a lot!

Teston

Re: correct way to shutdown the repository to stop rebuilding indexes every startup

Posted by Luiz Fernando Teston <fe...@caravelatech.com>.
Thomas,

I totally screwed the information on my last e-mail. My application was
removing the index directory at startup (a test code used only on in-memory
providers, but without the correct if). Sorry about that mistake! I won't do
this again!

Congrats to you guys! I could start the repository in about one minute. And
this repository has about 160 Million of entries on postgres
table jcr_repository_default_bundle (I don't know if there's one registry of
this table to each JCR Node) but this performance is really impressive,
since we have lots of data!

Regards,

Teston

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.