Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by vforvarun <vf...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/23 19:17:38 UTC

exception when adding user after integrating with LDAP

Hello

I'm using Jetspeed 2.1.1 and have successfully integrated with LDAP in
authentication only mode.

However, when I tried to add a user, I get the following exception.

error:javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeValueException: [LDAP: error
code 19 - 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090B7C, comment: Error in attribute
conversion operation, data 57, v1db0]; remaining name 'CN=Karthik\,
Varun,OU=Users,OU=TESTD'

Looks like, its trying to modify the data on the LDAP server and its
throwing out an exception.

My intention is to create users with a dummy password, its only while
logging correct password is specified which will be validated against the
data in LDAP server. I don't want to modify the data in LDAP.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Varun Karthik S.G.