Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/12/23 14:01:44 UTC

Apache Logo in Twitter header logo for OFBiz

Hi devs,

I am forwarding you this email from Keith Turner, a member of another ASF
project (Fluo), who has shared some ideas to improve the layout of their
project's Twitter account.
I was thinking that we could do something similar to the official Twitter
account for OFBiz:

https://twitter.com/ApacheOfbiz

As a side note, Keith is happy to share the PNG file, if we are interested.

Jacopo

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

I'm joining this conversation a little late. At the moment, taking a look at the images - I don't really have a strong opinion either way so am happy to implement whatever the community consensus is.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I like it, good idea!

Jacques

Le 23/12/2016 � 15:01, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
What the twitter accounts of

   - Apache Fluo
   - Apache Flex

have in common is the feather as their main image. While that is nice, it
doesn't differentiate much. And creates more brand awareness for the Apache
Software Foundation than for the project/product.

I agree with Michael: a reduction in size of the main image of @apacheOfbiz
would suffice.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 24/12/2016 � 14:42, Jacques Le Roux a �crit :

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 23/12/2016 � 19:43, Michael Brohl a �crit :
> I like our existing logo with the OFBiz name in it, it's just too big for the twitter account. We can try to make it fit better.
>
> Or we take the proposed Apache feather and name and put the OFBiz logo including the name into the small square where we now only have the power logo.

I like this idea if it fits well, else better to keep as is. Also it would be better to shift the feather (and the rest) to the right in Keith's png

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
The background looks nice and clean while ours looks cluttered. So yeah it
would be nice to adapt it.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.