Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jeff Ferland <jb...@tubularlabs.com> on 2015/12/02 20:54:04 UTC

Unable to add nodes / awaiting patch.

Looks like we’re hit by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-10012 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-10012>. Not knowing a better place to ask, when will the next version of 2.1.x Cassandra be cut and the following DSE fix cut from there? Could DSE cut an in-between version for this fix? Can we patch it into our current version of DSE?

-Jeff

Re: Unable to add nodes / awaiting patch.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 12/02/2015 01:54 PM, Jeff Ferland wrote:
> Looks like we’re hit
> by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-10012. Not knowing a
> better place to ask, when will the next version of 2.1.x Cassandra be
> cut and the following DSE fix cut from there? Could DSE cut an
> in-between version for this fix? Can we patch it into our current
> version of DSE?

Apache Cassandra 2.1.12 just went up for release vote this morning.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-dev/201512.mbox/%3CCALamADLcKJ0_AjToEfwkjZGMLqHNcGdDPMEewBkJ4K0qBEwTjw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Not sure about the DSE timeline, but you might contact your support
folks with that question, if someone doesn't have that insight here.

I'm also vaguely recalling that you can rip and replace the cassandra
jar in DSE with a newer one(?). Don't quote me on that.. :)

--
Michael