Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 17:12:32 UTC

[classlib][nio] DatagramChannelTest failure

Hi all,

Today 9 tests from the above test class fail on my machine with the
following message:

---
(10040) A message sent on a datagram socket was larger than the
internal message buffer or some other network limit, or the buffer
used to receive a datagram into was smaller than the datagram itself.

java.net.SocketException: (10040) A message sent on a datagram socket
was larger than the internal message buffer or some other network
limit, or the buffer used to receive a datagram into was smaller than
the datagram itself. at
org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagramImpl(Native
Method) at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagram(OSNetworkSystem.java:142)
at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.DatagramChannelImpl.send(DatagramChannelImpl.java:348)
at org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.DatagramChannelTest.testSend_NoServerTwice(DatagramChannelTest.java:1155)
at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
---

However, yesterday it works fine. Does anyone have ideas why it starts to fail?
--
Alexei Zakharov,

Re: [classlib][nio] DatagramChannelTest failure

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Alexei,
Could it be that you changed your system to Windows 2003 server?
Datagram tests worked differently for me on the server.

Anyway, please file JIRA issue. Thank you in advance.

On 11/30/06, Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today 9 tests from the above test class fail on my machine with the
> following message:
>
> ---
> (10040) A message sent on a datagram socket was larger than the
> internal message buffer or some other network limit, or the buffer
> used to receive a datagram into was smaller than the datagram itself.
>
> java.net.SocketException: (10040) A message sent on a datagram socket
> was larger than the internal message buffer or some other network
> limit, or the buffer used to receive a datagram into was smaller than
> the datagram itself. at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagramImpl(Native
> Method) at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagram(OSNetworkSystem.java:142)
> at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.DatagramChannelImpl.send(DatagramChannelImpl.java:348)
> at org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.DatagramChannelTest.testSend_NoServerTwice(DatagramChannelTest.java:1155)
> at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
> ---
>
> However, yesterday it works fine. Does anyone have ideas why it starts to fail?
> --
> Alexei Zakharov,

Thank you,
Alexei

Re: [classlib][nio] DatagramChannelTest failure

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Well, I don't see any other signs of virus presence. Ok, if nobody
sees that then I won't file a JIRA. I will continue my investigation
of it and will file JIRA only in case if bug is obvious.

Thanks.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Thank you,
Alexei

Re: [classlib][nio] DatagramChannelTest failure

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Alexei,
Is a root cause the same for all failures? Could you please post a stack trace?

On 12/1/06, Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew & Alexei,
>
> I run tests on my t42p laptop with Windows XP SP2. Ant clean + svn
> update + full restart doesn't help - I still can see these 9 errors.
> I guess something is wrong with my network config. Perhaps it is the
> result of the latest windows update . The exact list of failing tests
> is the following:
>
> testSend_NoServerTwice
> testSend_NoServerNonBlockingTwice
> testReceiveSend_Block_Empty
> testReceiveSend_NonBlock_Empty
> testReceiveSend_Block_Empty_S2C
> testReceiveSend_NonBlock_Empty_S2C
> testReceiveSend_Block_Empty_C2S
> testReceiveSend_NonBlock_Empty_C2S
> testReceiveSend_Empty_S2S
>
> Thanks,
>
> 2006/12/1, Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi Alexei,
> >
> > What's your platform? The test passes on my machine (Windows XP, SP2) with
> > latest code.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > On 12/1/06, Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Today 9 tests from the above test class fail on my machine with the
> > > following message:
> > >
> > > ---
> > > (10040) A message sent on a datagram socket was larger than the
> > > internal message buffer or some other network limit, or the buffer
> > > used to receive a datagram into was smaller than the datagram itself.
> > >
> > > java.net.SocketException: (10040) A message sent on a datagram socket
> > > was larger than the internal message buffer or some other network
> > > limit, or the buffer used to receive a datagram into was smaller than
> > > the datagram itself. at
> > > org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagramImpl(Native
> > > Method) at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagram(
> > > OSNetworkSystem.java:142)
> > > at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.DatagramChannelImpl.send(
> > > DatagramChannelImpl.java:348)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.DatagramChannelTest.testSend_NoServerTwice
> > > (DatagramChannelTest.java:1155)
> > > at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
> > > ---
> > >
> > > However, yesterday it works fine. Does anyone have ideas why it starts to
> > > fail?
> > > --
>
> --
> Alexei Zakharov,

Thank you,
Alexei

Re: [classlib][nio] DatagramChannelTest failure

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew & Alexei,

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexei,

What's your platform? The test passes on my machine (Windows XP, SP2) with
latest code.

Thanks!

On 12/1/06, Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today 9 tests from the above test class fail on my machine with the
> following message:
>
> ---
> (10040) A message sent on a datagram socket was larger than the
> internal message buffer or some other network limit, or the buffer
> used to receive a datagram into was smaller than the datagram itself.
>
> java.net.SocketException: (10040) A message sent on a datagram socket
> was larger than the internal message buffer or some other network
> limit, or the buffer used to receive a datagram into was smaller than
> the datagram itself. at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagramImpl(Native
> Method) at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.sendDatagram(
> OSNetworkSystem.java:142)
> at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.DatagramChannelImpl.send(
> DatagramChannelImpl.java:348)
> at
> org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.DatagramChannelTest.testSend_NoServerTwice
> (DatagramChannelTest.java:1155)
> at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
> ---
>
> However, yesterday it works fine. Does anyone have ideas why it starts to
> fail?
> --
> Alexei Zakharov,

Best regards,