Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Mark Reid <ma...@proxima-tech.com> on 2002/05/07 02:28:01 UTC

Integrating Ant into another tool - How do I get around System.exit(0) call in Main.start()?

Hi,

I'm currently writing a web front end for building a product and would like
to integrate Ant into it. Everything was going along fine until I tried
calling the Main.start(...) method from inside a .jsp. When completed,
Main.start(...) calls System.exit(0), taking down Tomcat with it.

I've found references to this problem on the web
(http://www.mail-archive.com/ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg10570.html) so it
looks like it's been discussed here before. That post quotes the docs
saying:

    * If you integrating Ant into some other tool, this is not the class
     * to use as an entry point. Please see the source code of this
     * class to see how it manipulates the Ant project classes.

This is what I'm doing at the moment but to save me some painful mistakes I
was wondering if anyone has done this before and would be willing to give me
some tips. It's important that I be able to hook up a listener to the
project being run.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Reid