Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Cletus D'Souza <cl...@hotmail.com> on 2011/08/13 06:02:30 UTC

Noob Questions - New SCM Provider

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone could answer some of these basic questions with regards to writing a new SCM provider for Maven.
1) What is the version for <version>LATEST VERSION OF MAVEN-SCM PROVIDERS MASTER POM</version>?  I'm guessing 1.5?
2) I created a basic shell class by extending AbstractScmProvider.  However, when I compile I get the following error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin:2.7:descriptor (default-descriptor) on project maven-scm-provider-integrity: Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo definitions were found for plugin: org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-integrity.'
3) Also, I keep seeing these errors in Eclipse using the Maven integration.  Can these be ignored?
8/13/11 12:00:29 AM EDT: Configurator 'org.maven.ide.eclipse.modello.modelloConfigurator' is not available for project 'MavenPlugin'. To enable full functionality, install the configurator and run Maven->Update Project Configuration.
8/13/11 12:00:29 AM EDT: Configurator 'org.maven.ide.eclipse.plexus.annotations.plexusConfigurator' is not available for project 'MavenPlugin'. To enable full functionality, install the configurator and run Maven->Update Project Configuration.

Thanks!
Cletus

Re: Noob Questions - New SCM Provider

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
Nice !
I have add some comment in the issue.

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Posted by Cletus D'Souza <cl...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
we should add a scm:remove to the maven-scm-plugin.

Can you please create a Jira issue?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Cletus D'Souza <cl...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/8/15 Cletus D'Souza <cl...@hotmail.com>:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> Thanks for the info!  I will follow-up on [2]&[3] towards the end of week.
>
> In the meantime, I've got a couple more questions:
> 1) When does the Remove command get invoked?
No real idea but it's part of the public API so it must stay here :-).
BTW if you cannot/don't want implement it's possible it must be
documented and at least throw NoSuchCommandScmException.
> 2) When does the Blame command get invoked?
One of the most use is probably Sonar
> None of the above are actually tied to any scm goal that I can figure out.
>
> Thanks!
> Cletus
>

>> From: olamy@apache.org
>> Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:41:18 +0200
>> Subject: Re: Noob Questions - New SCM Provider
>> To: dev@maven.apache.org
>>
>> Hello,
>> Regarding new scm provider provider, you can have a look at this one :
>> svn with using svnkit [1]
>>
>> Now if you want to share your new provider with the Apache Maven community.
>> You can create an issue here [2].
>> As it can be a huge amount of code, we will certainly ask you to
>> provide a cla [3]
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend : http://talend.com
>>
>> [1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/maven-scm-provider-svnjava/
>> [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM
>> [3] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>>
>> 2011/8/14 Cletus D'Souza <cl...@hotmail.com>:
>> >

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm writing the provider for MKS (a PTC Company) Integrity SCM capability.  I'm not finished with it yet, but when I do I will post the code.  How does that work anyway?  Do I need to request commit access to an existing repository or create my own?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

RE: Noob Questions - New SCM Provider