Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jeremy Levy <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 20:38:17 UTC

Using mod_proxy / mod_rewrite to hang app off root

I've having trouble getting my application behind apache hanging off the
root, my application servers url are as follows:

http://localhost:8080/context/servlet/bookmarkpage

I'd like the URL to be:

http://localhost/bookmarkpage

I've set up Apache 2.2 in from of it. I can get Apache2 working so that the
url is http://localhost/servlet/bookmarkpage, however I want to get rid of
the servlet as well.  To do that I am aware of two options, one is to write
a rewrite rule which removes the "servlet" from the url and exclude any
resources from the rule.  I can't quite figure that rule out but I am sure I
can given some time.

The other option is to set the wicket servlet to /* which is simple and
works very nicely, however then ajax calls backs fail.  Is there a way to
fix that?  Perhaps a rewrite rule?

What are other people doing?