Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2018/01/19 03:40:20 UTC

Issues with top level LICENSE

Hi,

All three repos are now being included in the src release but it looks like the top level LICENSE file wasn’t updated to take this into account.

1. Paths to files mentioned in the top level license are incorrect and missing "royale-asjs” from the front of them.

2. Top level license is missing this content from the typedef license:

The Google Closure Library Externs For Common Libraries are available
under Apache License 2.0.  For details see the js folder.

The .as files in GCL/src are derived from the .js files in the
Google Closure Library which are available under Apache License 2.0.

The createjs.js file in createjs/src/main/javascript is
a non-copyrightable subset of EaselJS and TweenJS from
https://github.com/CreateJS

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Issues with top level LICENSE

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Yes, looks like we missed a few things there.  I don't think this changed
from RC1 to RC2 so too bad this wasn't found before RC2 was posted.

The license contains a sentence saying the paths are relative to
royale-asjs.

I'm not seeing the Externs in the packages so unless you find them I think
we'll drop that from the royals-typedefs LICENSE.

The other two we will add for the next release.  RC2 is better than the
last release and not illegal.  We could run an RC2 if the PMC wants to,
but I hope to run another release in early Feb because I hope we will be
able to get this release out soon and actually start spending time coding
features and fixing bugs our users want.

Thanks,
-Alex