Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/01 18:22:20 UTC

[EWS] jax-rpc-mapper

Ias,

Just checked in a few mods to the jax-rpc-mapper module:
- Checking in dependent libs.
- Fix classpaths in build.xml's
- Fix code to work with latest axis.
- "ant all" builds everything
- Fix Clean target

Notes:
- Currently ONLY the JAXB-RI stuff works. We need to be able to work with just JaxMe (without
needing JAXB-RI)
- Can we please integrate the ws4j2ee and the jax-rpc-mapper into one single source tree with an
integrated build (BUT generate 2 jars if you so wish)

Thanks,
dims

PS: PLEASE use geronimo-dev for ALL discussion w.r.t EWS.

=====

Re: duplicate code in EWS and AXIS

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Jongjin,

Am all for it. Please open a bug report with the "cvs diff -u" before Ias commits the code to the
Axis code base.

thanks,
dims

=====

Re: duplicate code in EWS and AXIS

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Jongjin,

=====

duplicate code in EWS and AXIS

Re: [EWS] ws4j2ee

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Srinath,

sf.net does give you a shell :) it's at shell.sourceforge.net
(http://www.google.com/search?q=shell.sourceforge.net+site%3Asourceforge.net)

thanks,
dims

=====

Re: [EWS] ws4j2ee

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Thanks Dims; I will look in to issues you address. (sorry for late reply)

for the frst time I am having trouble keep up the the ews :) it seems to
moving real fast. (Since the sf.net do not give a ssh shell .. I can't
commit in ususal way from unv using http tunneling . I got to go to some
other place and commit.  it might take take bit time.) + I have not work
with maven before.
(will catch up soon)

Thanks

Srinath

> Srinath,
>
> Just checked in a few mods to the ws4jeee module:
> - Checking in dependent libs.
> - Fix classpaths in build.xml's
> - Fix Clean target
>
> Notes:
> - Currently ONLY the JAXB-RI is supported. We need to be able to work
> with just JaxMe (without needing JAXB-RI/JWSDP)
> - Can we please integrate the ws4j2ee and the jax-rpc-mapper into one
> single source tree with an integrated build (BUT generate 2 jars if you
> so wish)
yes ..

> - Please add a target to run the sample in the main build.xml itself. -
> Replace org.apache.x.ws4j2ee with (org.apache.geronimo.ws or
> org.apache.geronimo.ws4j2ee)
I think org.apache.geronimo.ws  good

> Thanks,
> dims
>
> PS: Please use geronimo-dev mailing list for all discussions.
>
> =====

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation

Re: Idea

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.
Sorry. As I mentioned once before (I think) I can't find that adapter.
I'm pretty sure it used the RpcHandler rather than the EjbHandler
because it could then convert the method call into an InvocationObject
and pass it into the Geronimo call stack.
----
Richard Monson-Haefel
http://www.monson-haefel.com

Re: Idea

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Richard;
Can you let me have the adepter you mentioned, I think it would give me a
starting point to look in to the geranimo. I am trying to decide on how
the Impl of the ejb should be called from the ws.
Thanks
Srinath

> Hi, I actually had an adapter written up but now I can't find it ... Very
> weird. Anyway, if memory serves I used the ApacheRpcAdapter (something
> like
> that) because this delivered the invocation in the form of that could be
> easily translated into an Invocation object as used in the Geronimo call
> stack. I think this is the best way to go, as it lets us introduce the
> functionality we need for handlers in the Geronimo call stack after the
> transaction and security interceptors have been called, but before the
> call
> in delegated to the bean instance.
>
> I'm going on vacation and won't be around next week. I hope this helps ...
> I'm working off of memory and trying to tie loose ends before I leave
> (read:
> in a rush!)
>
> Richard
> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> http://www.Monson-Haefel.com

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>.
Guillaume Sauthier wrote:
> Ias wrote:
>

>>I revised J2eeGeneratorFactory to support full java-xml-type-mappings. Now
>>you can get exactly what you intend with the mapping file. I added your WSDL
>>and JAX-RPC mapping file to ews/src/samples/mapper/google and added a test
>>case to MapperTest. Please check out codes from EWS CVS, run "maven" and see
>>target/generated/samples/mapper/google directory. MyGoogleSearchResult must
>>exist. :-)
>>
>>Thanks very much,
>>
>>Ias
>

> OK Thanks
> It works great :)
> I'll try to complicate this mapping file :)
>
> I'm looking at your code.
> I tried to get GenerateTest working. I made a few changes in
> o.a.g.ews.ws4j2ee.context.webservices.server package (lot of
> Node.toString() changed into Node.getNodeValue())!
> After theses changes, GeneratorTest is working. (no more
> FileNotFOundExceptions)
>
> I also add a JOnASDDWriter which is almost the same as JBossDDWriter ...

Guillaume,

Firstly - Great Work !

Secondly - In the light of JBG's recent accusations, we need, as I'm
sure you realize, to be extremely careful not only, not to put any JBoss
code into Geronimo, but also not to say anything that might later be
used to imply that we had. That was how the last fight got started :-)

Do you think you could just post a followup mail, clarifying exactly
what you put into cvs and demonstrating that whilst it might be
functionally similar to the JBoss equivalent, because similar
functionality is required, no cut-n-pasting of code has occurred between
repositories, or will do so.

Sorry to be a boring politician.

Jules

--
/**********************************
  * Jules Gosnell

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Srinath Perera wrote:

> yes please, Just one thing .. this code use the xml parser to perse the
> webservice.xml file and we decided that we should use JAXB here as well
> as other places. So we decide to replace the code with JAXB gen code.

cross post :) I was thinking about this :)

> It is done; We (myself and Chatura) still not get chance to merge it ..
> Anyway the interfaces will not change.

So I stop looking at this :)

> You mention you have sample webservice.xml files and jaxpcmapper.xml files
> ... Do you mind adding them to the genarate test as well. (Or I can do it
> for you). I almost done with GenarateTest but there is a problem with
> wsdl genaration with new axis code.   I will fix it and come back

they come from jonas webservices exmaples
I have added a time ws (jaxrpc/time) I just add wsdl, and *.xml
And I added a more complicated mapping test (mapper/frenchzip) It was a
WSDL I found on xmethods. And It have hawfull names :) So I add a
complex mapping ...
-> It seems to work :)

I look at the existing samples. Found something strange in
sample/jaxrpc/book :
in META-INF, the ejb-jar.xml declare interfaces for a CalculatorBean but
we are in the jwsbook exmaple! strange no ?

Regards
Guillaume

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
> I'm looking at your code.
> I tried to get GenerateTest working. I made a few changes in
> o.a.g.ews.ws4j2ee.context.webservices.server package (lot of
> Node.toString() changed into Node.getNodeValue())!
> After theses changes, GeneratorTest is working. (no more
> FileNotFOundExceptions)

yes please, Just one thing .. this code use the xml parser to perse the
webservice.xml file and we decided that we should use JAXB here as well
as other places. So we decide to replace the code with JAXB gen code.

It is done; We (myself and Chatura) still not get chance to merge it ..
Anyway the interfaces will not change.

>I also add a JOnASDDWriter which is almost the same as JBossDDWriter ...

that would be nice ...

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>.
Guillaume Sauthier wrote:
> Ias wrote:
>

>>I revised J2eeGeneratorFactory to support full java-xml-type-mappings. Now
>>you can get exactly what you intend with the mapping file. I added your WSDL
>>and JAX-RPC mapping file to ews/src/samples/mapper/google and added a test
>>case to MapperTest. Please check out codes from EWS CVS, run "maven" and see
>>target/generated/samples/mapper/google directory. MyGoogleSearchResult must
>>exist. :-)
>>
>>Thanks very much,
>>
>>Ias
>

> OK Thanks
> It works great :)
> I'll try to complicate this mapping file :)
>
> I'm looking at your code.
> I tried to get GenerateTest working. I made a few changes in
> o.a.g.ews.ws4j2ee.context.webservices.server package (lot of
> Node.toString() changed into Node.getNodeValue())!
> After theses changes, GeneratorTest is working. (no more
> FileNotFOundExceptions)
>
> I also add a JOnASDDWriter which is almost the same as JBossDDWriter ...

I may have jumped without looking :-)

If the JBossDDWriter is Geronimo code, then there is no problem here and
I am barking up the wrong tree and apologise...

I just saw the word JBoss and saw red !

my bad,

--
/**********************************

Re: [EWS] Geronimo - EWS Deployment Team

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
knight@adsl.tie.cl wrote:

> So we are in charge of the generation of Service's impl's code. And thinking
> about it it's right, this is a provider specific task.
>

> Thanks
>
> Luis Avila
>
> PD: what do you think about the idea to do a deployment planner in charge
> of do the ws-deployment?

You should also look in Geronimo's deployment module to see how its
JSR88 provider is working. You should be able to perform Geronimo/Axis
specific configuration using DDBean/DConfigBean operations. Given the
incorporation of web-services into all the module types, it might be
worth having a general purpose set of DConfigBeans available that any
module deployer can use.

JSR88 does not provide you with a mechanism for modifying the EAR's
content (or that of any other module) - everything you need should be
incorporated in the deployment plan that gets written out by the
DConfigBeans. There is one plan for each root module, so you will need a
method for nesting per-module definitions inside the plan for an EAR.

>>TIP: If you look at EJBProvider in Axis, you will see how EJB's are currently
>>invoked from Axis

I had a look at that previously and it seemed to be invoking using the
remote interface. I don't think this works in a compliant application.
EJB2.1 has different container semantics for remote- and service-
invocations and you will need to inject information into the call for it
to to this.

You should hook up with David Blevins about hooking into the proxy
system for EJB's. A way to do this would be by providing a hook on the
EJB deployer that allows it to return a web-service specific proxy to you.

--
Jeremy

Re: [EWS] Geronimo - EWS Deployment Team

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Yes. and +1 to a deployment planner for ws.

--- knight@adsl.tie.cl wrote:
> So we are in charge of the generation of Service's impl's code. And thinking
> about it it's right, this is a provider specific task.
>

> Thanks
>
> Luis Avila
>
> PD: what do you think about the idea to do a deployment planner in charge
> of do the ws-deployment?

=====

Re: [EWS] Geronimo - EWS Deployment Team

Posted by kn...@adsl.tie.cl.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Luis,

=====

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Please go ahead and commit it. If anyone else is working on it, they will have to merge. first
come, first serve :)

thanks,
dims

=====

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.

RE: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
OK, if I can help, I'll be happy to :)

I'm reading Ias code at this time. And trying to understand Generator's
logic ...
I'm focused on jaxrpc mapper as you can see.
because the jaxrpc mapper is the part that I can use in JOnAS JSR109
impl :)

regards
Guillaume

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Ias,

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Hi Dims

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Guillaume,

=====

Re: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Hello

Re: [EWS] Need to fix GenerateTest (for testing ws4j2ee)

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Hi All;
I fix the GenarateTest .. Actually each test case we used for the
test the ws4j2ee should have three parts
1) genarate the Client side with wsdl
2) genarete the serve side with wsdl
3) Genarate the all when wsdl not present using the ejb jar.
(It was  my mistake to put the code at test to genarate the client side
code only)

With the recent axis code the wsdl generatin code give a null pointer
exception. When I try it in WSDL2Java gives the same result .. I am not
sure is it something to do with axis or ws4j2ee. I will check.

when that is done the ws4j2ee support the all 1,2,3 senario's. With the
1) it will genarate a build file that would automate the jar creation.

As Guillaume pointed out we(myself aand Chatura) will replace/merge the
code that do the manual parsing of webservice.xml with the JAXB code over
the weekend.

Thanks

Srinath

> Ias, Srinath,
>
> Can you guys please fix the GenerateTest test that i added for ws4j2ee?
> Am not sure where the problem is happening. You need to edit project.xml
> and comment out the excludes section in unitTest block and then run
> "maven" to recreate the problem.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> =====

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

RE: [EWS] Need to fix GenerateTest (for testing ws4j2ee)

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> Fixed :)

Thanks a lot! (Actually I didn't understand the whole situation at all. :-)

> Just a Question, Why don't we use a schema
> (j2ee_webservices_1_1.xsd) with JAXB?
> We parse jax rpc mapping file with the help of jaxb generated
> file from jaxrpmc_mapping.xsd but webservices.xml is
> "manually" parsed! That was the cause of the GenerateTest failure ...

jax-rpc-mapper's using of JAXB was my (private preferred) decision. Perhaps
Srinath can answer your question. :-)

Ias

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Fixed :)

RE: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.

RE: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.

=====

RE: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.

RE: [EWS] maven-ized ews module

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> Srinath, Ias,
>
> let's stop working on the contrib and jax-rpc-mapper module
> and switch over to the ews module that i checked in a few
> mins ago. It has code from both contrid/ws4j2ee and
> jax-rpc-mapper. It generates the jaxb stuff as well. just run
> "maven" from the root directory after checking out the ews modules.

I checked ews in and ran maven, version 1.0 RC1. Unfortunately, I failed to

[EWS] maven-ized ews module

Re: Idea

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Hi all;
Please let me add something,

1)Practically the EJBProvider and the wrapper WS is the same thing (Reason
I decide on the wrapper WS is the understanding that the genarated code is
mora flexible than handle all in the code at ejb provider. (both use
remote interface)

2) I think the Richard concern (which I myself belive to valied) is
acsessing through the Remote interface and want to acsess the EJB using
geranimo internals to solve it.

Srinath

Note: Please sombody do me a favour if possible (Sorry if this is straight
foward Q ... I am  reading abut maven .. want get answers yet)
1) I am having trouble runing the maven build (I can't afford to download
all the jar on time of build ..will take hours :( ... I have all jar's
locally How can I use it)
2)for the sake of people(including me ) who want to run the maven offline
can we have a alternative build file. I will commit it but prob is am
can't figure out how to do it yet. :(

> Richard,
>
> Have you seen the code in Axis' EJBProvider?
> (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/providers/java/).
> We can use that as a starting point to write our own GeronimoProvider if
> we want more control...
>
> thanks,
> -- dims
>
> --- Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I actually had an adapter written up but now I can't find it ...
>> Very weird. Anyway, if memory serves I used the ApacheRpcAdapter
>> (something like that) because this delivered the invocation in the
>> form of that could be easily translated into an Invocation object as
>> used in the Geronimo call stack. I think this is the best way to go,
>> as it lets us introduce the functionality we need for handlers in the
>> Geronimo call stack after the transaction and security interceptors
>> have been called, but before the call in delegated to the bean
>> instance.
>>
>> I'm going on vacation and won't be around next week. I hope this helps
>> ... I'm working off of memory and trying to tie loose ends before I
>> leave (read: in a rush!)
>>
>> Richard
>> --
>> Richard Monson-Haefel
>> http://www.Monson-Haefel.com
>>

> =====

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

Re: Idea

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Richard,

=====

Idea

[EWS] ws4j2ee

RE: [EWS] jax-rpc-mapper

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> Ias,
>
> Just checked in a few mods to the jax-rpc-mapper module:
> - Checking in dependent libs.
> - Fix classpaths in build.xml's
> - Fix code to work with latest axis.
> - "ant all" builds everything
> - Fix Clean target

Thanks for your nice work on those. I checked out all the changes and found
it worked fine.

> Notes:
> - Currently ONLY the JAXB-RI stuff works. We need to be able
> to work with just JaxMe (without needing JAXB-RI)

I'll response to this item at "Status of code in EWS" message thread.

> - Can we please integrate the ws4j2ee and the jax-rpc-mapper
> into one single source tree with an integrated build (BUT
> generate 2 jars if you so wish)

I think we can and actually we already have it as "ews" module. I agree to
stop jax-rpc-mapper module and work on the integrated ews module. (Yes, +1
:-)

Ias