Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Fors <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2013/03/04 21:44:16 UTC

Tomcat Built-in WinAuth

I've yet to see success with SPNEGO Windows Authentication.  I've followed
the documentation as close as possible, although it is incomplete.

After creating the SpnegoAuthenticator valve in the conf context.xml, should
that enable SPNEGO for all web sessions?  If not what must be specified in
the Web.xml to initiate the SPNEGO process and what is the syntax?  A short
example would be useful as the documentation is not clear in this area.
(Given that there are correctly formed krb5.ini, jaas.conf, and
tomcat.keytab files properly formed in the conf directory on the Windows
box.

Re: Tomcat Built-in WinAuth

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2013 20:44, Chris Fors wrote:
> I've yet to see success with SPNEGO Windows Authentication.  I've
> followed the documentation as close as possible, although it is incomplete.
>
> After creating the SpnegoAuthenticator valve in the conf context.xml,
> should that enable SPNEGO for all web sessions?  If not what must be
> specified in the Web.xml to initiate the SPNEGO process and what is the
> syntax?  A short example would be useful as the documentation is not
> clear in this area. (Given that there are correctly formed krb5.ini,
> jaas.conf, and tomcat.keytab files properly formed in the conf directory
> on the Windows box.

Please do not hijack threads.

If you want to start a new thread send a new message. Better still - in
your case - continue the thread you have already started. For that
thread to progress you'll need to respond to - rather than ignore - the
point about security constraints.

Mark