Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Smirnoff <as...@vistar.ca> on 2002/05/03 17:03:05 UTC

Session does not persist

Hi,

If I turning off cookies from the browser, Session does not persist.
I'm using Cocoon 2.0rc2 and as of my understanding it wraps the
javax.servlet.http.HttpSession, As I know when cookies are
disabled it should use URL rewriting with jsessionid. I can see that
Cocoon rewrites URL for subsequent request when session is created,
even when cookies actully on, but when I turn them off, I still can see
URL rewriting, but session does NOT persist:

request.getSession(false); returns null.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: Session does not persist

Posted by Alexander Smirnoff <as...@vistar.ca>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Alexander Smirnoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I turning off cookies from the browser, Session does not persist.
> > I'm using Cocoon 2.0rc2 and as of my understanding it wraps the
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpSession, As I know when cookies are
> > disabled it should use URL rewriting with jsessionid. I can see that
> > Cocoon rewrites URL for subsequent request when session is created,
> > even when cookies actully on, but when I turn them off, I still can see
> > URL rewriting, but session does NOT persist:
> >
> > request.getSession(false); returns null.
> >
> > Is this a bug?
>
> What servlet engine are you running?  It would help to determine if
> the problem is with the servlet engine instead of Cocoon.

It is Tomcat4.0.1.

Re: Session does not persist

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

RE: Stylesheet directed termination with a Resource Request?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Robert:

Next time you see some error, try reading the log file. It has some
useful info in it; also sometimes it is too verbose.

Vadim

--
Resistance is futile.

After

Re: Session does not persist

Posted by Alexander Smirnoff <as...@vistar.ca>.

> > If I turning off cookies from the browser, Session does not persist.
> > I'm using Cocoon 2.0rc2 and as of my understanding it wraps the
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpSession, As I know when cookies are
> > disabled it should use URL rewriting with jsessionid. I can see that
>
> Not *it*, but *you* should rewrite URLs.

Wow!
I missed it BIG TIME!
Sorry for stupid question.

Alex.

> > Cocoon rewrites URL for subsequent request when session is created,
> > even when cookies actully on, but when I turn them off, I still can
> see
> > URL rewriting, but session does NOT persist:

This happens because cocon take the job for me when redirects to another
pipeline.

RE: Session does not persist

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Alexander Smirnoff [mailto:asmirnoff@vistar.ca]
>
> Hi,
>
> If I turning off cookies from the browser, Session does not persist.
> I'm using Cocoon 2.0rc2 and as of my understanding it wraps the
> javax.servlet.http.HttpSession, As I know when cookies are
> disabled it should use URL rewriting with jsessionid. I can see that

Not *it*, but *you* should rewrite URLs.

> Cocoon rewrites URL for subsequent request when session is created,
> even when cookies actully on, but when I turn them off, I still can
see
> URL rewriting, but session does NOT persist:
>
> request.getSession(false); returns null.
>
> Is this a bug?

Does session sample works?
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xsp/sessionpage

> Thanks,