Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Angel Freire <cu...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/04 20:17:33 UTC

Persistent storage in Linux

Hi,

I can't setup my qpid broker to have persistent storage running Gentoo
Linux.

I've downloaded the source qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz (I'm using the C++ version of
the broker) and compiled it with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local && make &&
make install.

The configuration file I've setup is this one:

log-to-syslog=yes
log-to-stderr=no
daemon=yes
auth=no
pid-dir=/var/run/qpid
data-dir=/var/lib/qpid

But this is the list of files I've in /usr/local/lib/qpid/daemon:

acl.la
acl.so
replicating_listener.la
replicating_listener.so
replication_exchange.la
replication_exchange.so

As far as I understand the documentation there should be at least one module
there for persistent storage. I've checked the config.log file from the
build to see if something went wrong and everything seems ok.

I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Angel

--
http://blog.cuerty.com

"If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need
millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke
to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on and the dedication to
go through with it."
- John Carmack

Re: Persistent storage in Linux

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
Angel Freire wrote:
> 2009/11/4 Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>
>
>> Get the persistence stuff from QpidComponents.org:
>>
>> http://qpidcomponents.org/download.html
>>

> Thanks, I know I was missing something obvious.

It would be obvious if the qpid downloads page pointed to the components
on QpidComponents.org. It doesn't.

I'll ask around and see if there's any reason it shouldn't ....

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Persistent storage in Linux

Posted by Angel Freire <cu...@gmail.com>.