Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 13:19:39 UTC

Creation of a Sandbox area for SCA Event Processing Prototype

Folks,

Some of us are interested in working on a prototype extension to SCA which will handle Event
Processing alongside the existing Service processing which is handled by existing SCA specificatoins
and Tuscany implementation code.

We're going to create this in a sandbox called "Event" for the present, as it will introduce changes
into some of the basic modules of Tuscany and we don't want to disturb the main builds with these
changes.  The intention is to merge these changes back into the mainline Tuscany code at some future
point when the new functionality has been built and tested sufficiently to assure us that it works
well and will not require further major changes of design to proceed further.

The intention is to reuse as much as possible of the existing Tuscany code (eg using binding.jms
implementations as an initial binding for sending events between components).

Alongside the "Event" sandbox, we are creating an area in the Tuscany Wiki that will be used for
documentation and for discussion of design and other aspects of the Event processing function.  This
area is headed by the following page:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+Event+Processing

Yours,  Mike.

Re: Creation of a Sandbox area for SCA Event Processing Prototype

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
ant elder wrote:

> Would I be correct it guessing that this work will be based on the
> eventing spec that is currently being developed at OSOA? And if so are
> the draft specs and discussion around them going to be made publicly
> available?
>
>    ...ant

Ant,

At the moment, this is an independent piece of prototyping work.

At some point, I hope that OSOA will make available an SCA Event Processing specification and open
up discussion about it.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.