Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> on 2009/06/25 13:10:36 UTC

lucene releases vs trunk

For the next release cycle (presumably 1.5?) I think we should really
try to stick to released versions of Lucene, and not use dev/trunk
versions.
Early in Solr's lifetime, Lucene trunk was more stable (APIs changed
little, even on non-released versions), and Lucene releases were few
and far between.
Today, the pace of change in Lucene has quickened, and Lucene APIs are
much more in flux until a release is made.  It's also now harder to
support a Lucene dev release given the growth in complexity
(particularly for indexing code).  Releases are made more often too,
making using released versions more practical.
Many of our users dislike our use of dev versions of Lucene too.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: lucene releases vs trunk

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Simon
Willnauer<si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yonik, did that mail went to the wrong mailing-list?!
> Seems like you aimed to send to a solr list.

Whoops... excuse me while I get another cup of coffee ;-)

Re: lucene releases vs trunk

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Yonik, did that mail went to the wrong mailing-list?!
Seems like you aimed to send to a solr list.

simon