Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org> on 2019/07/15 21:04:41 UTC

Ignite Training experience: how to find motivated participants?

Hi Training Developers,

With the support of GridGain, I've done introductory mini-training about
Apache Ignite. I would like to share my experience.

Registration to the event (
https://www.gridgain.com/resources/meetups/workshop-apache-ignite-settings-and-api-step-step-moscow-russia)
was
open and free.

The feedback and atmosphere were very positive - people understood how to
use the product. We've found a number of bugs in the slides, I've learned
some things I should improve to make training work better.

Addressing my previous experience of running and participating in
commercial training I feel than customer employees come to the event, they
are mostly involved (not all of them, of course) and motivated (maybe by a
boss) to complete all exercises.

At the free workshop, in addition to motivated users, there were also
users, which were not too much motivated to complete all training labs -
it's hard to learn new things, it is natural to give up at some point.

Do you have any best practice on how to find a group of potential(new)
users, who will be fully involved in the training process? Would it help to
do some testing before training or something like that?

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov