Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Fernandes, Gerard" <ge...@lehman.com> on 2007/12/11 10:16:44 UTC

IvyDE source artifact not recognised

IvyDE doesn't recognise source artifacts with a different name than the
binary artifact.

E.g., If I have a JAR called commons-cli-1.1.jar and it's source called
commons-cli-src-1.1.zip, an Ivy configuration with the following will
resolve and the sources are downloaded (can be confirmed by the Ivy
report as well as checking the cache) but will NOT attach sources in
Eclipse:
		<dependency org="jakarta-commons-cli" name="commons-cli"
rev="1.1" conf="COMPILE,RUNTIME,TEST->default">
			<artifact name="commons-cli" type="jar"/>
			<artifact name="commons-cli-src" type="source"
ext="zip" conf="COMPILE" />
		</dependency>

Ivy settings are:
			<filesystem name="externalLibraries">
				<artifact
pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/[organisation]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
				<artifact
pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/[organisation]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision]
.[ext]"/>
			</filesystem>

The only way to make this work is to change Ivy settings to:

			<filesystem name="externalLibraries">
				<artifact
pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/[organisation]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
				<artifact
pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/[organisation]/[revision]/[artifact]-src.[ext]"
/>
				<artifact
pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/[organisation]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision]
.[ext]"/>
				<artifact
pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/[organisation]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision]
-src.[ext]"/>
			</filesystem>

And rename
commons-cli-src-1.1.zip
commons-cli-1.1-src.zip

And finally change the Ivy configuration to:
		<dependency org="jakarta-commons-cli" name="commons-cli"
rev="1.1" conf="COMPILE,RUNTIME,TEST->default">
			<artifact name="commons-cli" type="jar"/>
			<artifact name="commons-cli" type="source"
ext="zip" conf="COMPILE" />
		</dependency>

Gerard
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RE: IvyDE source artifact not recognised

Posted by "Fernandes, Gerard" <ge...@lehman.com>.
I think it's perfectly acceptable for the source artifact to have "-src" in it's name and IvyDE should recognise this. It is a common java practice.

Why should one have to work around the settings to accommodate IvyDE? And why should one have to work around by changing the source artifact name?

The source and binary artifacts are produced by a third party - in this case Commons-CLI. And the source  and binary artifacts are produced by Maven. Again, this is a common pattern. Why can IvyDE not recognise it?

Gerard

Posted by "Fernandes, Gerard" <ge...@lehman.com>.

Note that the cglib 2.1_03 source artifact is named: cglib-src-2.1_03.jar

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RE: IvyDE source artifact not recognised

Posted by "Fernandes, Gerard" <ge...@lehman.com>.
Thank you. Issue IVYDE-66 logged and updated with work-around posted by Xavier.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE

Gilles

Posted by "Fernandes, Gerard" <ge...@lehman.com>.
Thank you for the reply.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

RE: IvyDE source artifact not recognised

Posted by "Fernandes, Gerard" <ge...@lehman.com>.
[...]

				<artifact pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/[organisation]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision]-src.[ext]"/>

On Dec 12, 2007 5:05 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> >> - - - - - - -
> >>
> >> This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use
> >> of the designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the
> >> intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any
> >> review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is
> >> strictly prohibited.  This communication is for information
> >> purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as
> >> a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
> >> official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
> >> statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be
> >> guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not
> >> represent that this information is complete or accurate and it
> >> should not be relied upon as such.
> >> All
> >> information is subject to change without notice.

John Gill
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: IvyDE source artifact not recognised

Posted by John Gill <ll...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
> >> recipient
> >> of this message you are hereby notified that any review,
> >> dissemination,
> >> distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  This
> >> communication is for information purposes only and should not be
> >> regarded as
> >> an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any
> >> financial
> >> product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an
> >> official
> >> statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be
> >> guaranteed to be
> >> secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this
> >> information
> >> is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.
> >> All
> >> information is subject to change without notice.

John Gill

Re: IvyDE source artifact not recognised

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by John Gill <ll...@gmail.com>.