Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Dunn-Roberts, Richard R" <ri...@lmco.com> on 2019/05/28 14:21:50 UTC

Removal from list

How do I remove my email from this list?

Thanks.

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Removal from list

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
In any case, I have modified the Directory web site mailing lists page
to make it easier for users to understand how to subscribe and/or
unsubscribe, adding a 'Subscribing' and 'Unsubscribing' paragraph :

Hope it helps !

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Removal from list

Posted by Darran Lofthouse <da...@jboss.com>.
The problem with this list is the unsubscribe information is hidden in the
headers, if someone is using a mail client that understands those headers I
suspect it will be quite easy to unsubscribe.

In the meantime unsubscribing should be possible by sending a message to
users-unsubscribe@directory.apache.org

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Request sent : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18534

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Removal from list

Posted by Neal Lawson <og...@sr375.com>.
Awesome, Thank you for looking into it, I know most of the other lists im on have a footer/trailer so not so sure about the spam issue, however is understandable if its a software issue.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Neal,

Posted by "Dunn-Roberts, Richard R" <ri...@lmco.com>.
Neal:

Emmanuel and I have discussed our interaction, and, it ended with both of us apologizing for poor communications skills.  😃

So, let me now apologize to the group for my poorly stated response.  And, thanks for your understanding.

May you all live in a world free of flame-wars.

Richard Roberts

Posted by Neal Lawson <og...@sr375.com>.

Posted by Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>.

Posted by "Dunn-Roberts, Richard R" <ri...@lmco.com>.

Re: Removal from list

Posted by Neal Lawson <og...@sr375.com>.

Re: Removal from list

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
FTR, we will have a trailer added to any mail on this mailing list :

Re: Removal from list

Posted by Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>.
On 29/5/19 4:51 am, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> On 28/05/2019 18:59, Shawn McKinney wrote:
>>> On May 28, 2019, at 11:51 AM, Brad Dean <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe
>> What’s up with all of these unsubscribers?
>
> They simply don't RTFM...

I didn't know whether to sigh, cry, swear, or reply as I worked my way
through this thread inbox this morning.

Thanks very much for a) ending the spams, and b) giving me something to
laugh about and share with my friends!

Congratulations to eveyone for their civility and patience.

Brian

Re: Removal from list

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Removal from list

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On May 28, 2019, at 11:51 AM, Brad Dean <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unsubscribe

What’s up with all of these unsubscribers?

Just send an email to:

—Shawn

Re: Removal from list

Posted by Brad Dean <br...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Removal from list

Posted by "Dunn-Roberts, Richard R" <ri...@lmco.com>.
No.

Most of the lists to which I subscribe have instructions appended.  I will try that.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Removal from list

Posted by Neal Lawson <og...@sr375.com>.

Re: Removal from list