Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Jackson, Andrew" <An...@bl.uk> on 2013/10/17 12:53:21 UTC

Status of wiki documentation on grouping under distributed search

On the SolrCloud wiki page (https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud), I
found this statement:

    The Grouping feature only works if groups are in the same shard. You
must use the custom sharding feature to use the Grouping feature.

However, the Distributed Search page
(https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch) implies that grouping
largely works, and the actual grouping page (or rather Field Collapsing:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing) goes into much more detail,
outlining limitations on specific features.

Am I right in assuming that the statement on the SolrCloud page is out
of date? I'm happy to replace it with some text that links to
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch#Distributed_Searching_Lim
itations if that makes more sense?

Similarly, on the Distributed Search page, we find:

    Doesn't support MoreLikeThis -- (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-788)

Looking at the issue, it seems this has been (largely?) resolved since
Solr 4.1 and 5.0. Can I update the text to reflect that?

Thanks for your time.

Best wishes,

Andy Jackson

--