Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Madere, Colin" <co...@ieminc.com> on 2002/12/06 00:55:22 UTC

4 Apache2 VirtualHosts + 1 Tomcat4 = ? JK connectors?

Before I go off into JK configuration craziness, I thought I'd post my
situation and see what rises to the top.

What I have:

1 Apache 2.0.43 with 4 virutal hosts (3 w/ SSL)
1 Tomcat 4.12 (no virtual hosts as of yet)
1 JK 1.2.0 connector working properly with the non-SSL host from Apache

What I want to do:

Have any requests for apps running on Tomcat from any of the 4 virtual hosts
to be redirected to the same Tomcat instance.  This is mainly for simplicity
since I will be using Tomcat Realms for login to determine what to do for a
user in the app based on role.  If I have to do 4 virtual hosts in Tomcat,
then let me know :)

Is the "correct" way to make this work with JK to create 4 <Connector>
instances at, say, ports 8009-8012 in my tomcat server.xml, then set up 4 JK
workers in "workers.properties" with each respective virtual host's domain
name and redirection port?  Or is there some way to use a single connector?
(I'm guessing NOT the latter due to the port probably being bound by the
connector process)

Having said this and if my former idea is the "correct" way, for the JK
connector entry in my Tomcat server.xml, is the "redirectPort" arbitrarily
chosen?  I have 8443 in for my single connector/site/host setup, would I
simply use 8443-8446?

Any input on this setup appreciated.