Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Willy Manga <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/19 11:25:26 UTC

How to allow "WebSocket | HTTP tunnel request" with IPv6?

Hi,

I have installed guacamole and got the following errors [1] after a
successful authentication.

I'm aware of [2] where the solution was to set bind_host to 127.0.0.1
[3]. My question is how to allow that tunnel request in an IPv6-only
environment?

The 'Connection refused' seems like an issue with a service not allowed
in IPv6 somewhere within tomcat

In my setup, I use debian 11, guacamole 1.4 ... I'm planning to use v4
address only on the nginx proxy.

1. https://paste.debian.net/1238366/

2. https://lists.apache.org/thread/ttv4sc6jlbso1pfwpd1yo43ssk0rnwoz

3. https://lists.apache.org/thread/dm3coj38x3fhco0gxnyw0k22lwcp5wwy

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy

Re: How to allow "WebSocket | HTTP tunnel request" with IPv6?

Posted by Henri Alves de Godoy <he...@fca.unicamp.br>.
Hi Nick and Willy,

sorry i missed this message

enable ipv6 socket in your tomcat

     <!--
     <Connector address="[::]" executor="tomcatThreadPool"
                port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                connectionTimeout="20000"
                redirectPort="8443" />
     -->

It should work now.

Att,
Henri

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Willy Manga <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alves,

On 19/04/2022 15:32, Henri Alves de Godoy wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> Assuming that your server where the tomcat/guacd daemon is is dual-stack
> and your internal environment is IPv6-only

What if I want to avoid any IPv4 config ..

Here's what I want

+------------------+
| Network of hosts |
| using IPv6-only  |
+------------------+

         | (IPv6)

+-----------------+
|Guacamole/Tomcat |
+-----------------+

         | (IPv6)

+-----------------+
|      Nginx      |
+-----------------+

(IPv4)  | (IPv6)

+-----------------+
|   Internet      |
+-----------------+

> In the host configuration, put the IPv6 of the remote machine you want to
> access.

I don't have any issue accessing v6 hosts provided by guacamole.

> You can also change in guacd to bind the v6 address of localhost ::1

Here is my issue. By default, when you build from scratch guacamole 1.4
on debian 11, it will listen to ::1 . That setup will not work unless I
missed something.

I had to tell guacd to bind to 127.0.0.1 :(

Otherwise I got this

Apr 21 10:29:12 guac2 tomcat9[1811]: 10:29:12.870 [http-nio-8080-exec-6]
INFO  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "gogo" successfully
authenticated from 2001:db8:43:cafe::1.

Apr 21 10:29:14 guac2 tomcat9[1811]: 10:29:14.423 [http-nio-8080-exec-9]
ERROR o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket
tunnel to guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
(Connection refused)

Apr 21 10:29:15 guac2 tomcat9[1811]: 10:29:15.369 [http-nio-8080-exec-1]
ERROR o.a.g.s.GuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - HTTP tunnel request failed:

Posted by Henri Alves de Godoy <he...@fca.unicamp.br>.
Hi Willy,

Assuming that your server where the tomcat/guacd daemon is is dual-stack
and your internal environment is IPv6-only

In the host configuration, put the IPv6 of the remote machine you want to
access.

You can also change in guacd to bind the v6 address of localhost ::1

It works without any problems.

Att,
Henri