Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Alina Kazi <al...@d-bz.com> on 2018/02/06 11:08:01 UTC

PopUpManager

Hi,

I am using mx.managers.PopUpManager and porting my app to Apache
Flexjs/Royale I can't find any substitute of it.

Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar
functionality.

Thanks,

Aleena

RE: PopUpManager

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
See if this [1] helps

[1] http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/Royale_ASDoc_Example/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/royale/ASDoc/bin/js-debug/index.html#!org.apache.royale.utils/UIUtils

Re: PopUpManager

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
This change https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/commit/e17295637abe289bc2c4ab1fc9374985337edbca#diff-fa339d395e86b994f9dd2a831ac01130

Puts up a List.  Other code takes it down.  The List class can be any UI widget including an instance from a module.

FWIW, I think we still want to do a Tour de Royale explorer with live samples.  Other folks want to create a blog like Flex Examples.  Some classes in ASDoc have mini examples like express.DataGrid.  And maybe we want to have examples in royals-docs.  With limited people-power, I wish we could use one example in all four places.

My 2 cents,
-Alex

From: Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 11:32 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: PopUpManager

> Just last night I made a change to the Royale ASDoc app to float a popup.  In the main view file, all I had to do was call addElement(popUp).

Can you provide a code snippet for that? In my Flex apps popup contents are usually in their own modules. Is that how you provide the contents of the popup you are calling in the ASDocs?

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>> wrote:
So far, Royale/FlexJS hasn't required a PopUpManager.  Most "popups" can just be parented by the main initial view.  The Flex PopUpManager was overkill for most of that.  It really only became useful to manage more than one non-modal popup on screen at one time, like a spell-check or find dialog.  If your app is in need of such a thing, we will build out that functionality for you.

Just last night I made a change to the Royale ASDoc app to float a popup.  In the main view file, all I had to do was call addElement(popUp).

HTH,
-Alex

From: Alina Kazi <al...@d-bz.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 3:08 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>

--
Andrew Wetmore

http://cottage14.blogspot.com/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcottage14.blogspot.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C607be1795e28409c384508d56d985bc1%7C71f1da39c0a84d5a8d88a67b23c30bf4%7C0%7C0%7C636535423497252419&sdata=ZfMojgX1s98VnAsYvyN5tmzUa0sLjK0NMVbbg2JFmkI%3D&reserved=0>

Re: PopUpManager

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: PopUpManager