Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ramesh Bobba <ra...@transerainc.com> on 2007/04/03 03:41:54 UTC

Question on persistent flag

I ran a quick test with the persistent flag set to true and another one
with the flag set to false. In both the cases, I have the consumers
subscribed as durable. I publish messages to the topic while the clients
are up and while they are down. In both the cases, when the clients come
back up, they get all the messages. At this point, I also did the same
by stopping the clients, publishing data and stopping and starting the
server. Again, when the clients come back up, they get all the messages.
This happens irrespective of if the persistent flag is set to true or
false. Does that mean that the persistent is only for the producers to
make sure that the message got to the broker?

Thanks,

Ramesh.