Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vineeth Varghese <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/19 19:55:29 UTC

Not finding action because of jsessionid

Hi Folks,

I am facing this odd issue with Struts2.0.9 on jetty. I specify a form using
the s:form tag like:-
<s:form action="addOfferPackage" method="POST">

but when the html get render what i get is :-
<form id="addOfferPackage" name="addOfferPackage" onsubmit="return true;"
action="/addOfferPackage.action;jsessionid=1tblvfupwshge" method="POST">

This happens only on the first page so I guess whats happening is when my
browser makes a request the first time the server can't figure whether I
support cookies or not. So it will go ahead and attach session id via url
rewriting but after the first page once my browser starts sending things via
cookies I am fine. But the problem is the action url with the jsessionid
doesn't match to an action I have. For eg I have a action addOfferPackage
but the url generated has the jsessionid attached to it, so I keep getting
action not found errors. I have seen many people talk about this issue on
the mailing list but didn't see any solutions. How do I resolve this issue?.
Is there a configuration where I can disable this behavior.  Shouldn't
Struts code handle this without me being aware of these aspects (in say (
DefaultActionMapper.java)?.

Thanks,
Vineeth.

Re: Not finding action because of jsessionid

Posted by Omkar Patil <os...@gmail.com>.
There is an issue for it already logged in JIRA(WW-2328) and the fix version
is 2.1.1
So, you can expect the solution sooner.

-Omkar