Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Hutchinson <mh...@manux.co.nz> on 2008/01/20 23:02:23 UTC

Bayes database corrupt.

Hi all,

Recently upgraded SA to 3.1.7 (the latest supported by Debian Sarge
backports.).

I just caught a nasty problem with our Bayes Database. Spamd children
were trying to use 99% CPU each (5 of them) and were hanging not doing
any processing. I discovered that there was in issue with our Bayes
Database, I have moved the Database and SA is running just fine. I need
to be able to repair the database, as our accuracy has now gone and we
are reciepting way too much spam (for our clients, at least.. we don't
care too much about it but they sure do).

Does anyone know how to fix a corrupted Bayes Database ?

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Bayes database corrupt.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:02:23AM +1300, Michael Hutchinson wrote:
> Does anyone know how to fix a corrupted Bayes Database ?

Why do you think the DB is corrupt?  All you said is that the children were
doing processing on the DB, which sounds a lot like an expire run.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"A lady came up to me on the street and pointed at my suede jacket.