Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org> on 2008/03/06 21:23:36 UTC

Re: How can all incoming emails be retained and copies are forwarded to gmail ?...

> On a debian linux system how can all incoming emails be retained
> and copies of all emails are forwarded to gmail ?... particulars
> include

Its simple enough with Postfix.

> b.
> How would a nonprogrammer, dyslexic maybe, ADD maybe,
> set it up on a debian linux system?...

Install Postfix as your MTA in place of sendmail (or whatever Debian
defaults to). Use its "always_bcc" directive to send copies of all
inbound and outbound mail to wherever you want it to go.

One caveat - if you run SA as a Postvix service you'll probably find
that always_bcc sends duplicates every message. I put SA in my input
chain ( ISP-->fetchmail-->SA-->a spam killer--> sendmail-->Postfix ) to
avoid that problem and to avoid putting an SMTP hole in my firewall.

Martin