Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Nishant Gupta <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/12 18:25:00 UTC

Facing issue in Site to Site Https Communication

Hi Team,

I am trying to make site to site communication between 2 standalone nifi
instances.
I am getting below error

2017-11-12 23:44:41,304 WARN [Remote Process Group
b1265abf-015f-1000-632e-e7939fbad38f: https://X.X.X.X:9443/nifi Thread-1]
o.a.n.remote.StandardRemoteProcessGroup Unable to connect to
RemoteProcessGroup[https://X.X.X.X:9443/nifi] due to
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Path does not chain with any
of the trust anchors.

I have generated the certificate using below command and imported in
browser.:

sudo bash ./tls-toolkit.sh standalone -n 'server-1,server-2' -C 'CN=demo,
OU=nifi' -O -o ../security_output

I am not able to figure out any solution on google.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
Nishant Gupta

Re: Facing issue in Site to Site Https Communication

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

A common mistake with tls-toolkit is generating keystore and
truststore for each node using DIFFERENT NiFi CA Cert.
If tls-toolkit standalone is executed against different output
directories, it may produce different NiFi CA in each directory.

Please check both of s2s client and server truststores have the same
NiFi CA Cert.
To do so, use keytool command:
keytool -list -keystore truststore.jks
nifi-cert, Feb 9, 2018, trustedCertEntry,
Certificate fingerprint (SHA1):
FE:0D:FE:0D:72:40:0A:7E:49:45:1B:78:D9:F5:F4:6E:A2:3C:92:E5

If that's not the case, then I'd recommend adding
-Djavax.net.debug=all Java option to debug further.
You can add Java options from ${NIFI_HOME}/conf/bootstrap.conf.
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/ReadDebug.html

Thanks,
Koji

Posted by yi <yu...@austal.com>.

Posted by yi <yu...@austal.com>.
Hi Koji,

Thanks for the very quick response.

The toolkit does generate a nifi.properties file for each of the servers.

I've modified it slightly for things like port numbers, but the
keystore/truststore settings I am pretty confident about, as I have had
success with accessing the nifi UI. I imported the .p12 certificates that
the toolkit produced to my browser.

RPG side:

nifi.security.keystore=./conf/keystore.jks
nifi.security.keystoreType=jks
nifi.security.keystorePasswd=<ks password generated by toolkit>
nifi.security.keyPasswd=<key password generated by toolkit>
nifi.security.truststore=./conf/truststore.jks
nifi.security.truststoreType=jks
nifi.security.truststorePasswd=<ts password generated by toolkit>
nifi.security.needClientAuth=
nifi.security.user.authorizer=managed-authorizer
nifi.security.user.login.identity.provider=
nifi.security.ocsp.responder.url=
nifi.security.ocsp.responder.certificate=

"server" side:

nifi.security.keystore=./conf/keystore.jks
nifi.security.keystoreType=jks
nifi.security.keystorePasswd=<different ks password generated by toolkit>
nifi.security.keyPasswd=<different key password generated by toolkit>
nifi.security.truststore=./conf/truststore.jks
nifi.security.truststoreType=jks
nifi.security.truststorePasswd=<different ts password generated by toolkit>
nifi.security.needClientAuth=
nifi.security.user.authorizer=managed-authorizer
nifi.security.user.login.identity.provider=
nifi.security.ocsp.responder.url=
nifi.security.ocsp.responder.certificate=

Thank you

Re: Facing issue in Site to Site Https Communication

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If tls-toolkit was used to generate certificates, then there should be
server-1 and server-2 directories created and each contains
keystore.jks and truststore.jks.

```
sudo bash ./tls-toolkit.sh standalone -n 'server-1,server-2' -C 'CN=demo,
OU=nifi' -O -o ../security_output
```

Please check following configurations in nifi.properties file to see
if the generated keystore and truststore are specified correctly:

nifi.security.keystore
nifi.security.keystoreType
nifi.security.keystorePasswd
nifi.security.keyPasswd
nifi.security.truststore

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Based on your error message, the problem is most likely with your
truststore configuration. What did you configure for HTTPS in your
nifi.properties configuration file?

Pierre