Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Torkel Dominique <to...@hotsip.com> on 2001/05/14 16:20:25 UTC

"any" element with "##any" namespace declaration

Hi,

Just downloaded Xerces 1.3.1 and discovered a possible bug in the
treatment
of "any" element declarations. I have declared the following element (in
"myTargetNamespace"):

<element name="testAnyElement">
 <complexType>
  <sequence>
   <any minOccurs="0"/>
  <sequence>
 </complexType>
</element>

and the instance element looks like this:

<testAnyElement>
 <elementFromAnotherNamespace/>
</testAnyElement>

And the parser says:

The content of element type "elementFromAnotherNamespace" must match
"(##any:uri=myTargetNamespace?)".

But according to the spec, the default value of the namespace attribute of
the any element should be "##any". I have also tried with

<any namespace="##any" minOccurs="0"/>

but with the same result.

When I try

<any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0"/>

, on the other hand, it works fine.

/Torkel Dominique