Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org> on 2005/11/20 14:37:29 UTC

Calling EJBs

Hi,

I have developed my first EJB and deployed it into JBoss. When I try to call
my EJB from JSP page stored in Tomcat I gen an compiler error saying that it
can't find my EJB's interfaces. I have copied my EJB JAR into all Tomcat's
lib folders, but the error is still present. :)

What should I do?

Thank you in advance,

Milan

Re: Calling EJBs

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Milan-

take a look at the EJB spec 1.1 DTD specifically..
<ejb-jar>
<!--The ejb-jar element is the root element of the EJB deployment descriptor. It contains an optional description of the ejb-jar file, optional display name, optional small icon file name, optional large icon file name, mandatory structural information about all included enterprise beans, optional application-assembly descriptor, and an optional name of an ejb-client-jar file for the ejb-jar. -->
<enterprise-beans>
<!--The enterprise-beans element contains the declarations of one or more enterprise beans. -->
 <session>
<!-- The session element declares an session bean. The declaration consists of: an optional description; optional display name; optional small icon file name; optional large icon file name; a name assigned to the enterprise bean in the deployment description; the names of the session bean's home and remote interfaces; the session bean's implementation class; the session bean's state management type; the session bean's transaction management type; an optional declaration of the bean's environment entries; an optional declaration of the bean's EJB references; an optional declaration of the security role references; and an optional declaration of the bean's resource factory references. The elements that are optional are "optional" in the sense that they are omitted when if lists represented by them are empty. -->

   <home> The home element contains the fully-qualified name of the enterprise bean's home interface </home>
   <remote> The remote element contains the fully-qualified name of the enterprise bean's remote interface </remote>
  <ejb-class> The ejb-class element contains the fully-qualified name of the enterprise bean's class </ejb-class>

All of this information came from the tutorial located at
http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orion/docs/deployment/ejb-jar.xml.html

HTH
Martin-

Re: Calling EJBs