Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/03 20:52:44 UTC

Broken link; IMAP sampler

On 03/02/07, Mr. B Obst <b....@gmail.com> wrote:

Please start a new thread for new questions.

> There is a broken link on the Jmeter Introduction page. Also there is no
> instructions for setting up a mail sampler. I am interested in IMAP.

Which link is broken?

JMeter has a Mail Reader sampler that supports IMAP:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Mail_Reader_Sampler

There are few details for the sampler, but it's pretty obvious what
the fields do.

Re: Broken link; IMAP sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Just noticed that you also posted the same question on the JMeter-user
mailing list, which is the proper place for such queries.

I have replied again there, so please don't reply further here.

Re: Broken link; IMAP sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Broken link; IMAP sampler

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.
I am new to the list.

Q. How do i start a new thread?

regarding the previous question. There is pre-requisit jar files needed to
be installed, but they are not explicitly mentioned. The package, could mean
any number of jars. So I tried a few combinations and keep getting errors
retrieving an IMAP email. What to do? How do I set this up if its failing?
I have this error:
1170461276196,47,Mail Reader Sampler,500,java.io.IOException: Unknown
encoding: ,Thread Group 1-1,,false,null

18.1.17 Mail Reader Sampler
TBA

I have asked this question to this other address but since I didnt get a
response, im not sure if i should be using it.
Where should I send messages?

I sent this email:

To: jmeter-dev-info@jakarta.apache.org