Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2008/03/11 18:20:14 UTC

How to create intermediate directories?

I need to create an intermediate directory under "target".  The only
method I've seen, so far, to do this is using the antrun plugin.  Is
that the accepted method, or is there something more Maven-like?  (Seems
to me that using Ant to accomplish these things is rather ironic.)

Re: How to create intermediate directories?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
I now know that I was seeing the wrong error in my build. I thought I
could use <targetPath> in the <resource> tag to direct the output to a
different place than target/classes, but that doesn't appear to be the
case. I need to filter some Jasper report sources prior to pre-compile,
but I don't want those filtered sources ending up in the classes
directory. So, I was trying to make the <resources> tag do the work for
me. Unless there is something that I'm overlooking, I guess I'm going to
have to use the maven-resources-plugin to take care of it.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you want to be really Maven-ish, build a plugin. Other than that,
the Antrun plugin is perfectly acceptable.

Wayne