Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Willie Vu <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/21 10:39:56 UTC

form login page is not encoded when cookie is disabled

I have the following problem when cookie (on my computer and per-session) is
disabled.  I'm using IE 5.5 and Tomcat 3.2.3.

I set up a restricted area for URL pattern /user.  Before I login, I go to
http://localhost:8080/abc/user/index.jsp.  Tomcat automatically forwards to
the form login page http://localhost:8080/abc/login.jsp.  In theory, after I
login successfully, Tomcat will forward me to the original location, i.e.
http://localhost:8080/abc/user/index.jsp.  However, it doesn't happen that
way in reality.  Tomcat doesn't forward at all.  The problem is that Tomcat
doesn't URL rewrite the form login page, so the tomcat.auth.originalLocation
is lost (null) when I reach the form login page -
http://localhost:8080/abc/login.jsp.

Am I correct on the explanation of the problem?  If so, any resolution?  If
I'm wrong in anyway, please let me know.

Thanks.

Willie