Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by El...@fanuceurope.de on 2002/03/04 10:07:09 UTC

indexing Adobe PDF documents using Tomcat

Hello all,

i followed this list for a while and read through the manuals but I found
nothing about this topic.

We are running our application on a IIS Server using ASP Technologie. We
made the decision
for a redesign using Tomcat and it  seems that we can rebuild all features
except for that.
Hope you can help. Otherwise the bosses will force me to use ASP again.

One part of our application is a search engine which looks through
previously indexed pdf Documents.
We use Adobe PDF Ifilter Library  and Microsoft Indexing for that.

So I have to find a method which lets me search through PDF Docs using
Tomcat running on a linux box.

Thanks in advance for any hints which points me to right direction.

Marcus Elwert

Fanuc Germany GmbH
E-Business Consultant
Phone +49 7158 187 322