Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Yee-Kang Chang <ye...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/04/14 22:47:08 UTC

Typical Use Cases for ServiceReference.getCallback()?

Hello,

I could not find any description on how this method -- getCallback() of a
ServiceReference -- should be used in the Java Annotations & APIs
specification.  May I know what would be the typical use cases for it?  I
understand RequestContext.getCallback() (and
ServiceReference.setCallback(Obj)) but I'm having a hard time getting
around ServiceReference.getCallback().  Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: Typical Use Cases for ServiceReference.getCallback()?

Posted by Yee-Kang Chang <ye...@ca.ibm.com>.
Thank you, Simon.  Guess I attempted to read too much into the
specification.  Again, thanks!

Yee-Kang Chang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I could not find any description on how this method -- getCallback() of
> ServiceReference -- should be used in the Java Annotations & APIs
> specification.  May I know what would be the typical use cases for it? I

> understand RequestContext.getCallback() (and
> ServiceReference.setCallback(Obj)) but I'm having a hard time getting
> around ServiceReference.getCallback().  Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

This method is the "getter" that matches the setCallback(Obj) method
of ServiceReference.  It retrieves the value that was previously set
using setCallback(Obj).  This follows the Java convention that
setter methods usually have a corresponding getter.

   Simon

Re: Typical Use Cases for ServiceReference.getCallback()?

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.