Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com> on 2008/09/22 16:34:34 UTC

Upgrade pains 5.0.15

I am upgrading from 5.0.14 to 5.0.15, and have come across this error several times:

Caused by: org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TransformationException: Field _tabList of class pages.hf.Fund is already claimed by @org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Persist and can not be claimed by @org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Environmental

Probably some foul coding on my part, but I am having trouble understanding exactly what I have botched up, obviously the field is in conflict, Persist and Environmental don't play nice together anymore, why though? and what is the correct approach?

Thanks for your help!
Peter

Re: Upgrade pains 5.0.15

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Previously, this was a warning but warnings just get ignored.  I'm
gradually switching a lot of logged warnings over to errors (thrown
exceptions).  And yes, @Environmental does not make sense combined
with @Persist.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Filip S. Adamsen <fs...@fsadev.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm surprised @Environmental + @Persist worked in the first place.
> Environmentals are not regular services, they're pushed onto a stack at the
> right time during rendering, often with specific configuration, so it
> doesn't make sense to persist them.
>
> -Filip
>
> On 2008-09-22 16:34, Peter Stavrinides wrote:
>>
>> I am upgrading from 5.0.14 to 5.0.15, and have come across this error
>> several times:
>> Caused by: org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TransformationException:
>> Field _tabList of class pages.hf.Fund is already claimed by
>> @org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Persist and can not be claimed by
>> @org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Environmental
>>
>> Probably some foul coding on my part, but I am having trouble
>> understanding exactly what I have botched up, obviously the field is in
>> conflict, Persist and Environmental don't play nice together anymore, why
>> though? and what is the correct approach?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>> Peter

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Upgrade pains 5.0.15