Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by J�r�me Iffrig <vi...@caramail.com> on 2002/07/22 14:35:50 UTC

== I18N question ==

Hi,

I am new with Cocoon, so I am not sure this is the rigth
channel to ask question, please accept my apology if it is
not.
I would like to internationalize my Site - NOT the site
itself, but rather its CONTAINT. e.g. I would like to, let
say, localise the HELP page of my site in 4 langages and
rely on Cocoon for the localisation (depending on the
preferences of the visitor). Which means that on one hand I
would like to have the XML files for the content in
different languages (I would like to have one XML file per
language for administration ease), and on the other hand, I
would like to have my Cocoon style file. At the end all the
localised content files would be parsed according to the
style file to he coherent in the styles with different
languages.
Have anyone of you done this before? I can see tutorials on
how to create dictionaries and how to replace strings
(Cocoon official website), but nothing realy clear
regarding my question.

Thanks for your time.
Jé-
Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com