Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Gustavo Sánchez <sa...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2014/05/14 17:12:48 UTC

Memory leak when using Basic Authentication?

Hello,

I've put a question on stackoverflow about this (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23598365/why-do-i-have-a-huge-memory-leak-when-trying-to-use-basic-authentication-in-a-si),
but got no answers.

Since then I've used the same code in Glassfish v3.1 and v4 and there was
no leak to be found, so I suspect it is indeed a bug in Geronimo.

All you need is to configure a file based security realm and make queries
to the Web Service until you get an OutOfMemoryError (I lower the heap size
to 256MB to get this error faster),

The objects being leaked are of type "java.security.AccessControlContext"
(128K instances before an OutOfMemoryError) referenced by 64K instances
"org.apache.geronimo.security.Context".

Is there something I'm missing?