Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@smile.ch> on 2001/04/15 10:53:06 UTC

Which element can be inserted as a child of the selected node ?

Hello,

I would like to know if something is implemented to solve my problem :

I use a schema or even a DTD
in an other side I am constructing a xml document in my own edit tool.
How can I suggest which element can be inserted as a child of the
selected node ?

example :

using xhtml dtd,

When I am on the node <TABLE>, I would like that <TR> and <TH> be
suggested......
then I would like to know which attributes can be defined...

thank you to tell me if I have to parse myself the dtd or schema and
analyse it.

Re: Which element can be inserted as a child of the selected node ?

Posted by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@smile.ch>.
Samuel ARNOD-PRIN a écrit :

> Arnaud Le Hors a écrit :
> >
> > Although there is no standard API to access the grammar yet, Xerces does
> > have a grammar object you can access to figure this out.
> > See srg/org/apache/xerces/validators/common/Grammar.java
> > Using it will require getting acquainted to some of the internals of
> > Xerces though (in particular the infamous StringPool ;-).
>
> Hello,
>
> I am a stupid question but where is the Grammar class ? in which version
> of xerces ?

ok I'v just found... I couldn't find it in the api code but in the
source 1.3.1, here it is.

thanks

Re: Which element can be inserted as a child of the selected node ?

Posted by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@smile.ch>.

Posted by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@smile.ch>.
Arnaud Le Hors a écrit :

> Although there is no standard API to access the grammar yet, Xerces does
> have a grammar object you can access to figure this out.
> See srg/org/apache/xerces/validators/common/Grammar.java
> Using it will require getting acquainted to some of the internals of
> Xerces though (in particular the infamous StringPool ;-).
ok, there is also a SchemaGrammar..... it seems great..

is it possible to find doc about the StringPool you are talking about ?

I've studied grammar, automats and parser to compilation, is the schema
transformed into a kind of BNF grammar and so on ??

Re: Which element can be inserted as a child of the selected node ?

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
Although there is no standard API to access the grammar yet, Xerces does
have a grammar object you can access to figure this out.
See srg/org/apache/xerces/validators/common/Grammar.java
Using it will require getting acquainted to some of the internals of
Xerces though (in particular the infamous StringPool ;-).

In the future (hopefully fairly close now) we'll support the DOM Level 3
Content Model which will provide you with a standard API to access it.
See http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-CMLS/
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group

Re: Which element can be inserted as a child of the selected node ?

Posted by Se...@cern.ch.
What you need is an access to the dtd/schema. This is not implemented in
xerces but you can achieve this by using a dtd/schema parser. I'm using
dtdparser (http://www.wutka.com/dtdparser.html) and I implemented exactly
the feature you're speaking of.

Sebastien

Me too: Which element can be inserted as a child of the selected node ?

Posted by Milind Gadre <mi...@ecplatforms.com>.
I would like to add my interest in this issue also...

Regards...

Milind Gadre
ecPlatforms, Inc
901 Mariner's Island Blvd, Suite 565