Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vivek mishra <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/02 19:18:48 UTC

Implementation of Struts 2.x with Struts 1.1

Hello Folks,

I have developed an application using struts 1.2. Now I want to carry on my
next phase of development with struts 2.x.
My questions are;

1) Is it technically possible?

2) If yes, what are the changes needs to be done for this regard?

3) Is there any documentation available explaining such implementation or
related to this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,
--
Vivek Mishra

Re: Implementation of Struts 2.x with Struts 1.1

Posted by vivek mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks so much you all for your help...

Vivek Mishra

Posted by Shrinivas Parashar <Sh...@symantec.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Except for the JSPs.

Posted by cwalet <cw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Lentz <Er...@sherwin.com>.
> 1) Is it technically possible?
Yes

> 2) If yes, what are the changes needs to be done for this regard?
Add the Struts 2 jars and add a filter to web.xml for .action like you
would do for a stand-alone Struts 2 web app.

> 3) Is there any documentation available explaining such implementation
or related to this?
Just create Struts 2 pages for the new pages you want to create. Same as
any Struts 2 web app.