Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2022/10/06 13:05:49 UTC

Re: Tiles support

I have prepared a PR to copy Tiles code base into the Tile plugin -
just copied what is needed by the plugin. I would like to merge it
after releasing 6.1.0

https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/608

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

wt., 9 sie 2022 o 16:43 Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Ok, I think it's time to merge this PR and release a new version

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Great, feel free to open PR with those tests, even the generator can
stay where it is now.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
....It might be the way I am running it but I get:

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
[org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener]
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tiles/startup/TilesInitializer

web.xml

     <listener>
<listener-class>org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener</listener-class>
     </listener>

    <context-param>
<param-name>org.apache.tiles.definition.DefinitionsFactory.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG</param-name>
         <param-value>
             /WEB-INF/tiles.xml
         </param-value>
     </context-param>

Do I need to make any changes to the web.xml file?

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
Managed to get it to work.

####

I had to add all of the tag classes from tiles-jsp-3.0.8.jar to
org/apache/tiles/web/jsp/taglib

and change the package to match in the tiles-jsp.tld.

ie

org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.

org.apache.tiles.web.jsp.taglib.

####

One java class that won't compile from tiles-jsp-3.0.8.jar is:

public class GetAsStringTag extends SimpleTagSupport {

     /**
      * The template model.
      */
     private org.apache.tiles.template.GetAsStringModel model = new
org.apache.tiles.template.GetAsStringModel();

..

}

The constructor GetAsStringModel() is undefined

####

The classes have a note of

"This file was automatically generated by Apache Tiles Autotag."

maybe these are built somehow?

Cheers

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
I have built it now, where is the

<%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" %>

stored?  It was in the tiles-jsp-3.0.8.jar file before.

If I look in

struts/plugins/tiles/target/classes/META-INF

struts/plugins/tiles/target/classes/META-INF/tld

there is only tiles-extras-jsp.tld

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Sure, looks like I forgot to copy Tiles JSP

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
ok, sorry missed a delete of a jar,

...just need to fix the missing tld

/WEB-INF/jsps/tiles/tiles-page.jsp (line: [3], column: [0]) The absolute
uri: [http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles] cannot be resolved in either
web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

I have this with the core, struts-tags.tld, I run build-maven compile
from the pom.xml.  Is there one for tiles to generate the tld?

Re: Tiles support

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Yes

W dniu czw., 6.10.2022 o 15:19 Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> I can test it from the git branch in eclipse.  Normally I would delete
> the struts2* jars, so I guess its all of the tiles-* as well?
>
> On 06/10/2022 14:14, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> > czw., 6 paź 2022 o 15:11 Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
> >> Is the branch WW-5233-tiles working?  I could give it a test drive.😛
> > Yes, you can build a snapshot version out of it. That would be cool,
> thanks!
> >

> > Regards

(mobile)

Re: Tiles support