Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Philip <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 11:21:39 UTC

Multi Lingual Analyzer

Hi,

  I have a query on Multi-Lingual Analyser.

 Which one of the  below is the best approach?

1.    1.    To develop a translator that translates a/any language to
English and then use standard English analyzer to analyse – use translator,
both at index time and while search time?

2.      2.  To develop a language specific analyzer and use that by
creating specific field only for that language?

We have client data coming in different Languages: Kannada and Telegu and
others later.This data is basically the text written by customer in that
language.

Requirement is to develop analyzers particular for these language.

Thanks - David

Re: Multi Lingual Analyzer

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
MT is not nearly good enough to allow approach 1 to work.

Re: Multi Lingual Analyzer

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.