Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/24 21:28:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4

Hi,

This is a vote for the forth milestone release on our way to a Shared
and LDAP API 1.0. Many fixes have been injected, and some major refactoring
have been done, including making the API OSGi compatible.

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M4

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The file names are prefixed with 'apache-ldap-api'. The bin packages
contain the shaded shared-all and all required dependencies to use the
LDAP API.

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-005/

The generated site:
http://directory.apache.org/api/gen-docs/1.0.0-M4/

The list of fixed issues :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+DIRSHARED+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.0.0-M4%22+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Shared 1.0.0-M4
[ ]  0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Shared 1.0.0-M4

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Nice work Emmanuel.

> [X] +1 Release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

Regards,
Alex

Re: [VOTE] [Result] Release of Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Thanks Emm !!!

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 6/23/11 11:13 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a vote for the first milestone of the 2.0 Apache Directory
> Server. While it's not considered as feature complete, it's a first
> step toward the 2.0 version. Many issues have been fixed since the
> last release (1.5.7) with more than 200 JIRA's issues closed.
>
> The SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M4
reads :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/tags/2.0.0-M1/

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
> [X] +1 Release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

Regards
Felix

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)
Apache Directory Project
Committer :: PMC Member

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

 just a note that there is a minor issue[1] when the server is run
with JVM version 1.5
 But this is not a showstopper for this release, we can just release a note.

 thanks Emmanuel for all the effort.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1629

--
Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M1

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
0+ - supportive but no time or muscle to help presently.

Hopefully I can lend a hand here in a couple weeks.

Regards and thanks to everyone doing a great job in this area.
Alex

close : [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

i'm now closing the vote for shared-1.0.0-M4, we got 5 +1, one +0, no -1.

+1
Pierre-Arnaud,
Stefan,
Felix,
Kiran
Emmanuel

+0 :
Alex

I'll releasing the packages this morning, and announce it tomorrow.

Thanks guys !

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
+1

Nice job, guys!

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
İ think we're doing ourselves a big disservice by sticking to J6.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Hi Pierre-Arnaud

It helps :-) Thanks for explanations. Didn't knew you can also look it
up in a compiled class.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Felix,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 25 mai 2011, at 15:13, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 5/25/11 3:10 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

>>> Hmm, you may be right. Or I expressed what I had in mind incorrectly : the API is now OSGi compatible assuming your application has a OSGi container, but we don't provide one. This is what I had in mind.

>>> Sure. They have been generated automatically, I don't know why.
>>> ahha... May be the KEYS we have in directory is not up to date. Let me fix that.
>>> Hmmm, no. We have to remove the dependency, I guess. Some cleanup we can do in M5
>> Yeah, definitely...
>> I guess a dependency towards OSGI is still necessary since we have kept the bundle activators to allow the use of the API in an OSGI environment.
>> Something less _expensive_ than the "Apache Felix Framework" could be used, like the org.osgi:org.osgi.core module.
>
> The best, atm, would be to fill a JIRA.
>
> I'd like to get the 1.0.0-M4 out asap, if there is nothing wrong in the release, in order to get back to documentation, using the modified API. This is mostly the reason I wanted this release out, all in all...

Yeah, IMO, this isn't something blocker for the release.
Just a minor cleaning that we need to take care before the next milestone.

This aside, the release seems good to me.

[X] +1 Release Shared 1.0.0-M4

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] Release of Shared 1.0.0-M4