Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Don Mastrovito <dm...@marathontechnologies.com> on 2001/08/15 14:18:15 UTC

XercesLib and Borland C++Builder 5

I've made the necessary changes to XercesLib 1.5.1 that allow it to be
built for Windows using Borland C++Builder version 5.  All the changes
except for one affect only the project files.  Unfortunately, BCB5 uses
a different format project file than previous versions.  It necessitated
creating another directory branch under Projects\Win32.  If someone will
give me a pointer, I'll be glad to Zip and email these changes to the
appropriate party.  Here's what I had to do in a nutshell:

1. Copy Projects\Win32\BCB4\... to Projects\Win32\BCB5\...
2. Modify Projects\Win32\BCB5\Xerces-all\MakeBuildDirs.bat
3. Convert Projects\Win32\BCB5\Xerces-all\XercesLib\XercesLib.bpr
4. Convert Projects\Win32\BCB5\Xerces-all\XercesLib\XercesLib.cpp
5. Convert the project files for all the demos
5. Modify src\util\Compilers\BorlandCDefs.hpp  <- only source code change

Note that some effort was put into making the build work with BCB4 back
around the 1.3 time frame.  These project files are not up to date and
building XercesLib won't work without some changes to the BCB4 project.
I don't have easy access to that version of the compiler, so I didn't
attempt to correct the problems.

Don

Re: XercesLib and Borland C++Builder 5

Posted by Don Mastrovito <dm...@marathontechnologies.com>.
Tinny,

The changes to BorlandCDefs.hpp are quite generic.  My change recognizes
the compiler
versions and properly defines XMLCh for either compiler.  I also documented
the values of
__BORLANDC__ so future changes are easier to sort out.

I updated the src\BUILDINSTRUCTIONS.TXT file although comments in it
suggest the web
site is the official place to look for build instructions.

See the attached zip file.  You should be able to unzip the files on top of
an existing source
tree.

Don

<snip>

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Don,

Thanks a lot for the work.  If you can zip and post the changes to the
mailing list, we are glad to check them in.

Just couple of questions:
1. >Modify src\util\Compilers\BorlandCDefs.hpp  <- only source code change
Is this change generic and applicable to other versions of BCB such as BCB4?

2. And do you have some build instruction for us to put onto the web site
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build.html ?

Appreciated.

Tinny