Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/14 22:31:36 UTC

BB10 com.blackberry.utils plugin .so?

For BB10, cordova-plugin-contacts has a couple pre-reqs, one of which is the plugin "com.blackberry.utils". The plugin.xml for that utils plugin referenes a couple lib-files "device/libutils.so" and "simulator/libutils.so", which appears to be compiled from C source. I'd like to build them myself.

If I install that utils plugin via the CLI (fetched from plugin repo) those .so files are present. If I go to the github source repo at [1] those .so files used to be present but are no longer present. Actually they were removed by a recent commit [2]. There are makefiles to build arm and x86, but not to build the "device" and "simulator" so's as previously present before the recent commit [2]. So how do I build "device/libutils.so" and "simulator/libutils.so"? Are they simply renamed versions of arm and x86? Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/blackberry/cordova-blackberry-plugins/tree/master/plugin/com.blackberry.utils/src/blackberry10/native

[2] https://github.com/blackberry/cordova-blackberry-plugins/commit/304cfddcd7e478fad5990bf12715d0e7f1205648

Re: BB10 com.blackberry.utils plugin .so?

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.
We removed the binaries from source since the plugins are being fetched
from the registry now.

The device/simulator files are just renamed versions of arm and x86. There
is a build script[1] which copies everything where it needs to be.

'jake build' should do the trick

[1]
https://github.com/blackberry/cordova-blackberry-plugins/blob/master/scripts/build.js